We are proud to be the airline of Belize, powered by exceptional customer service, and a culture of caring. We are recognized as one of the country’s top employers and pride ourselves on being a great place to work.
Want to join our team? Do you want to be where being a member means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think Tropic Air. It’s a great place to work and land.
For a list of current opportunities or to submit your resume, contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB POSITION: Aircraft Engineer
LOCATION: San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
The successful candidate will be required to perform all maintenance tasks on the airframe, powerplant and associated systems on Cessna 208B, 172S, T182T and GA8 Airvan. This will include inspections, troubleshooting, repairs and replacements and Release to Service. Work completed will be in accordance with Tropic Air approved maintenance procedures and the BCAR’s as applicable.
- Carry out and supervise maintenance on Tropic Air fleet (208B, T182T, 172S & GA8 Airvans)
- Comply with all inspections as specified in the aircraft approved maintenance programs.
- Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish each task.
- Perform work within specified man hours.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
- Complete all required documentations in connection with assigned duties.
- Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and in a safe manner.
- Assist in mentoring other employees to improve their working skills.
- Other work related duties assigned by the Director of Maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Proven Leadership ability.
- Have good troubleshooting skills
- Good analytical/problem solving skills
- Technically competent.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Promotes best practice at all times.
- Supports a culture of high performance.
- Communicates well in order to deliver the task objectives
- Committed to delivery of contract objectives.
- Promotes a partnering approach to managing people and the business
- Ability to ensure timely action to achieve desired output.
- Possess honesty, integrity, and a commitment to maintaining safe compliant aircraft.
- Good computer skills
- ICAO Type II License or equivalent
- Airframe and Powerplant group type ratings up to 12,500kg
- Degree in Aeronautical engineering or equivalent
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Turbine & Piston engine experience
- C208B, C172S, CT182T & GA8 Airvan
- G1000 experience
- 5 Years or more acting in the capacity of Certifying Staff
MAIL RESUMÉ TO:
ATTN: Director of Maintenance
San Pedro, Belize
or email to: email@example.com