We are proud to be the airline of Belize, powered by exceptional customer service, and a culture of caring. We are recognized as one of the country’s top employers and pride ourselves on being a great place to work.
Want to join our team? Do you want to be where being a member means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think Tropic Air. It’s a great place to work and land.
For a list of current opportunities or to submit your resume, contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ladyville | Philip Goldson Station | Job Type: Full-time
Deadline: August 19, 2019
Contact: Manager of Human Resources
Phone: 226-2380 Ext: 1271
Tropic Air Ltd. is seeing a qualified candidate to fill the position of Fuel Agent at Tropic Air’s Philip Goldson Station.
A Fuel Agent is responsible for operating the fueling equipment, filling the fuel truck, delivering the fuel and fueling the aircraft in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensures the safe and timely refueling of all aircrafts and fuel trucks in accordance with safety policies and statutory regulations
- Drives/operates fueling equipment and vehicles in a safe manner
- Maintains safety and security of the ramp and fueling equipment at all times and complies with safety procedures and station policies
- Lifts, pulls, carries and connects fuel hose to fuel panel of the aircraft
- Performs visual and optional inspection of fueling equipment and vehicles- reports malfunctions or inconsistencies
- Assists with the performance of minor repair, servicing and preventative maintenance on fuel farm facility, fueling equipment and trucks
- Communicates with operations, flight crew personnel and other ground personnel concerning fuel loads and arrival/departure information in a professional manner
- Processes fuel sheets and documents records in accordance with company procedures
- Responds to fuel emergencies (i.e. fuel spills) utilizing emergency response protocols and follow established environmental/company guidelines
- Complies with Tropic’s SOPs and policies
- Any other duties assigned from time to time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive, multiple shift, and team-oriented environment
- Must be dependable and able to take direction from supervisors
- Good command of the English language both verbal and written
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- Prior working knowledge and training with fuel handling, fuel quality control and safety
- Basic auto mechanic experience is an asset